Contact East 2017
Membertou, NS, CanadaWhere:
Atlantic Presenters AssociationOrganizer:
(Application Fee subject to 15% tax)
(5:00 pm AT)Deadline:
Each year Contact East brings the very best of North American talent in music, theatre and dance to showcase their work for regional, national and international buyers in attendance. Each showcasing artist has 15 minutes, each pitch artist 5 minutes, to perform in front of an audience of qualified festival, theatre and community presenters from across Canada, the US and the UK. Contact East 2017 will take place September 21st – 24th in Membertou, NS.
Contact East is Atlantic Canada's premier performing arts booking, showcasing and professional development conference, managed by the Atlantic Presenters Association. Contact East is a meeting place for artists and presenters to facilitate numerous and diverse performing arts activities in Canada and on international stages. It involves formal showcase events, primarily music, dance and theatre; the Contact Room where artists, agents and presenters can interact to discuss availability, venues and other performing arts issues; and a variety of workshops, clinics and round table discussions, which are relevant to the industry's affairs.
Contact East 2017 will provide an unprecedented opportunity to network with, and to learn from, some of the best presenters in the business from the Atlantic Provinces, across Canada, and internationally.
Atlantic Presenters Association (APA) will supply technical equipment including back-line, sound system and mics. Any other requirements are at the discretion of APA; however, we will work with selected artists to assist in meeting your technical needs.
Stage and production equipment are the responsibility and control of APA. The sound system will be provided by APA and will be scaled to the location used and reasonable requirements of the attraction. APA will have absolute control over this system including overall volume levels.
APA will provide dressing/green rooms for selected artists.
Applicants must complete all parts of the online application form. Incomplete applications will be not considered. The deadline to submit is Wednesday, April 5th, 2017 at 5:00PM AST.
Artists should be prepared to showcase the performance that was stated in the application. Any changes must be pre-approved as the jury selects final applications based on what was submitted. Changes in format may not work to your benefit and may not be accommodated.
In the case that you do not have digital mp3 files or links to quality live performance video, please mail hard copies of these materials. Indicate two contrasting tracks that best represent your work and/or the appropriate time mark of video footage you would like viewed by jury members. Hard copies should be received by Wednesday April 5th. Please send to:
Atlantic Presenters Association
124 Sydney Street, Gahan Office Suites
Charlottetown, PE C1A 1G4
Terms & Conditions
Deadline to submit is Wednesday April 5th, 2017 at 5:00PM AST. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Submission of this form constitutes acceptance and acknowledgement of the following terms and conditions of applying for and/or accepting a juried showcase slot or pitch at Contact East.
This application does not represent a commitment by Atlantic Presenters Association (APA) to provide a showcase or pitch at Contact East.
If selected for showcasing or pitching:
- Be available to perform in Membertou, NS from Thursday, September 21st - Saturday, September 23rd, 2016. We will do our best to accommodate schedules but be prepared to perform on one of these three days.
- Participate in scheduled sound check. APA will provide full schedule and sound check details closer to the event.
- All accepted applicants must purchase one full registration, and as an Exhibitor Delegate, must supply a representative (manager or otherwise) in the Contact Room during all open hours. Registration will open at the end of June 2017 and full details released at that time.
- Confirmation must be received within 7 days of offer to showcase or pitch.
- All accepted applicants must provide suitable promotional materials to buyers in attendance in the Contact Room. No promotional materials may be posted on any walls.
- APA assumes no responsibility for costs associated with showcasing or pitching including travel and accommodations.
- APA reserves the right to use showcasing and pitching artists submitted images and content for the promotion of Contact East.
- If a selected act is unable to appear, no substitutions will be permitted for its showcase performance or pitch. The selection committee will establish a list of alternates from the original applications based on the next highest score achieved. Cancellation by an agent or promoter does not guarantee that agent or promoter the opportunity to fill the vacant showcase.
- All fees are non-refundable.