CAPACOA @ CINARS
Montreal, QC, CanadaWhere:
Canadian Arts Presenting Association (CAPACOA)Organizer:
(Application Fee subject to 13% tax)
A three-day gathering of Canada’s national and international presenting and touring sector, the conference is an opportunity to reconnect with your colleagues and make new connections from coast to coast to coast. With more than 250 presenters, agents, managers, artists and other performing arts professionals in attendance, participants can expect new networking opportunities, informative sessions and peer meetings as well as world-class theatre, music and dance showcases.
CAPACOA's conference will serve as a valuable platform to view performances by outstanding national artists who have been selected by a rigorous jury process. It also serves as a forum for networking and professional development in a friendly and intimate setting designed to foster business relationships with performing arts colleagues from across Canada.
The Canadian Arts Presenting Association (CAPACOA) will supply technical equipment including back-line, sound system and mics.
CAPACOA will work with selected artists/ensembles to meet their tech needs to create the best showcase possible; however any other requirements are at the discretion of CAPACOA.
Stage and production equipment are the responsibility and control of CAPACOA including overall volume levels. Dressing and green rooms will be supplied to artists if available.
Applicants must complete all parts of the online showcase application and submit payment (online via PayPal).
All showcase applications must be submitted online, with completed payment, no later than 5:00 p.m. EST on Friday, May 5, 2017.
Terms & Conditions
Deadline to submit is Friday, May 5 2017 at 5:00PM EST. Incomplete applications will not be considered. All application fees are non-refundable.
If you are selected to showcase you must:
- All accepted applicants must purchase one full delegate registration and an exhibitor table, and, as an Exhibitor Delegate, you must supply a representative (manager or otherwise) during all open Exhibit Hall hours.
- Complete and return the showcase contract and technical production form.
- Be available to perform in Ottawa, ON from the evening of Wednesday, November, 15 to Saturday, November 18, 2017. We will do our best to accommodate schedules but be prepared to perform on one of these three days.
- Confirmation must be received within 7 days of offer to showcase.
- CAPACOA assumes no responsibility for costs associated with showcasing including travel and accommodations.
- If a selected act is unable to appear, no substitutions will be permitted for its showcase performance. The selection committee will establish a list of alternates from the original applications based on the next highest score achieved. Cancellation by an agent or promoter does not guarantee that agent or promoter the opportunity to fill the vacant showcase.
- Participate in scheduled sound check/rehearsal the day of performance. CAPACOA will provide full schedule and sound check details closer to the event. Please note that rehearsal and set-up time will be at a maximum of 45 minutes.