Arts Midwest Conference 2020
Omaha, NE, USAWhere:
(11:59 pm CT)Deadline:
A program of Arts Midwest, the Arts Midwest Conference is the preeminent booking and educational conference for the Midwest performing arts industry. Attended by nearly 1,000 performing artists, managers, and agents; performing arts presenters/venues; and arts administrators from throughout the United States and beyond, the four-day conference is filled with opportunities to network, learn, and experience live performing arts.
Spotlight Showcases provide artists and ensembles with a forum for presenting work to a large, diverse audience in a professional setting, and offer attendees the opportunity to experience a wide range of performances. Arts Midwest strives to present high-quality artists selected from a pool of national and international applicants representing dance, music, theater, variety, and family programming, ranging from large ensembles to solo artists. An integral part of the Conference, the panel-selected artists/ensembles each present a 15-minute performance and gain main stage exposure to potential presenters and audiences.
Spotlight Showcase performances will take place at the Orpheum Theater in Omaha, NE.
Arts Midwest will work closely with each of the selected artists/ensembles to best meet their needs for the 15-minute showcase and 5-minute changeover, but certain technical modifications may be necessary due to the production timeline and/or the theater’s limitations. If extensive additional equipment is required and can be accommodated, shared costs will be discussed.
Complete applications must be submitted and the application fee (paid online by credit card) must be received no later than 11:59 p.m. CST on Thursday, February 27, 2020.
A panel composed of presenters, managers, and agents review eligible applications and select artists/ensembles to perform. Selection is based primarily on artistic excellence and artistic merit as displayed in video work samples. Promotional materials and the submitted application are also reviewed to evaluate the artist/ensemble’s capacity to tour. No more than two artists represented by a single manager/agency will be recommended to perform. As facilitators, Arts Midwest is committed to presenting artists who represent a range of disciplines.
All applicants are notified in April following the panel review and later receive a summary of comments and feedback from the panelists.
Terms & Conditions
Performing artists/ensembles with the capacity to tour are eligible to apply. Those who were awarded a Spotlight Showcase or participated in a sponsored Spotlight Showcase at the 2017 (Columbus), or 2018 (Indianapolis), or 2019 (Minneapolis) Arts Midwest Conference are not eligible to apply this year.
Applications are only complete when the online application is submitted and the fee is received. Applications must be complete and adhere to the application guidelines to be considered by the panel. There is a limit of one application per artist/ensemble and its corresponding individual members.
Those selected to showcase must:
- Pay a $800 fee to help defray production costs.
- Be available on Thursday, September 10 and Friday, September 11, 2020 to perform in Omaha, NE. Performance times are assigned based on technical needs as determined by Conference management, and scheduling requests cannot be accommodated.
- Participate in a soundcheck/rehearsal on the day of performance.
- Purchase exhibit space by May 7 for the 2020 Conference or be represented by an agency/organization that has done so.
- Attraction will be solely responsible for all necessary licenses and permissions to perform, promote, broadcast, transmit, and/or display all elements of their performance, including without limitation elements protected by copyright, trademark, patent, rights of privacy, rights of publicity, trade secret, and contract.
- Attraction/artist is responsible for all costs and arrangements related to travel and lodging.